October's seasonal foods
With cooler, darker nights and crisp, leaf-scattered days, October is the perfect time to enjoy warming meals made from all the tasty seasonal foods around.
The great news is, you can still enjoy all those comforting dishes (in large, appetite-satisfying portions) and lose weight with Slimming World’s Food Optimising plan.
How about these delicious ways to enjoy seasonal produce…
- Sweet potato and celeriac gratin This hearty dish, using seasonal celeriac, is easy to prepare and is a tasty all-round family supper.
- Hoisin duck pancakes A firm favourite on any Chinese menu, duck is a rich and succulent flavoured meat which is perfect for any 'fakeaway' night!
- Braised red cabbage with pork Steaming hot spicy red cabbage is a really warming winter dish. You can add some diced cooked leftover pork to make this glorious red mixture into a more substantial meal.
- Squash and red pepper soup Two flavours that marry well are red pepper and butternut squash.
- Greek filo and fig cups Fresh figs, custard, crisp filo pastry and a little drizzle of honey make this a winning dessert.
If you fancy trying some more tasty meal ideas, try our 7 day menu and lose weight by next week!
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member