This ‘fakeaway’ version of the Indian favourite is packed with Speed food veggies (super for speeding up your weight loss!) and is delicious with a big bowl of basmati rice.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean rump steak
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- 2 level tbsp tomato puree
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 250g mushrooms, halved
- 275ml beef stock
- 200g dried basmati rice
- 150g fat free natural yogurt
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Cook the onion in low calorie cooking spray for 10 minutes. Cut the steak into strips, add to the pan with the red peppers and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the curry powder and tomato puree and mix well.
- Peel and chop the squash and stir into the pan with the mushrooms, pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Serve the curry drizzled with yogurt, scattered with coriander and rice on the side.
Tip: The curry is freezer-friendly, not the rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member