Heat up the kitchen with a satisfyingly spicy vegetarian chilli that your whole family will love.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 tsp each of dried mixed herbs, ground cumin, ground cinnamon and chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 400g can black-eyed beans in water, drained
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Cooked white or brown basmati rice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, celery, carrots and red pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dried herbs, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, chilli powder, tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow to cook gently for 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
- Season well, remove from the heat and sprinkle over the coriander.
- Serve with cooked rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Tip: This dish freezes really well (chilli only). Make up a huge batch, split into smaller portions and freeze for up to a month.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member