These sophisticated panna cottas are a breeze to make and a great dinner party dessert.
- 200g plain quark
- ¼ - ½ tsp cardamom seeds, finely crushed
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350g any no-added sugar, fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 sachet gelatine/agar agar
- 1 egg white*
- 1 pomegranate, halved and seeds removed
- Whisk the quark. Add the cardamom seeds, sweetener, vanilla extract and yogurt, and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Place 2 tbsp hot water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle with the gelatine/agar agar. Stand the bowl in a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the gelatine/agar agar has dissolved. Cool, and then whisk into the yogurt mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until softly peaked and gently fold through the yogurt mixture. Spoon into 4 individual moulds. Chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or overnight, until set.
- Dip the moulds in hot water for a few seconds and tip out onto serving plates. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
Tip: *Current government guidelines advise that pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers have eggs marked with the British Lion stamp if eating them raw or partially cooked.