Meet your new best friend: a tasty low-Syn cake that’s just for you and ready in minutes, with barely any washing-up!
- 2 level tbsp self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 level tsp sweetener
- 1 small carrot, peeled, ½ grated and ½ peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- fat-free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- ground cinnamon or nutmeg, to dust
- Put the flour, mixed spice and sweetener in a 250ml mug and stir to
combine. Add the grated carrot, egg and milk and stir again to combine.
- Place the mug in the centre of the microwave turntable and cook on
high for 2 minutes or until risen (our microwave was 800W, so adjust the cooking time if yours is different). Leave to stand for 5 minutes – your mug cake may be a little moist in the centre but don’t worry, it will continue to cook while it stands.
- Turn the cake out on to a plate (or eat it straight from the mug if you want to keep things informal!). Add a dollop of yogurt, dust with
cinnamon or nutmeg and decorate with the carrot ribbons. Tuck in
straight away, as microwaved sponge tends to dry out faster than oven-baked sponge.