Meet your new best friend: a tasty low-Syn cake that’s just for you and ready in minutes, with barely any washing-up!
- 2 level tbsp self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 level tsp sweetener
- 1 small carrot, peeled, ½ grated and ½ peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- fat-free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- ground cinnamon or nutmeg, to dust
- Put the flour, mixed spice and sweetener in a 250ml mug and stir to
combine. Add the grated carrot, egg and milk and stir again to combine.
- Place the mug in the centre of the microwave turntable and cook on
high for 2 minutes or until risen (our microwave was 800W, so adjust the cooking time if yours is different). Leave to stand for 5 minutes – your mug cake may be a little moist in the centre but don’t worry, it will continue to cook while it stands.
- Turn the cake out on to a plate (or eat it straight from the mug if you want to keep things informal!). Add a dollop of yogurt, dust with
cinnamon or nutmeg and decorate with the carrot ribbons. Tuck in
straight away, as microwaved sponge tends to dry out faster than oven-baked sponge.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member