Ring the changes with greens in place of the cabbage and smoked bacon in place of the ham, making this a versatile year round recipe.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 600g potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 200g green cabbage, finely shredded
- 400g lean ham, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 110g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan/Gas 4. Lightly spray a 2 litre gratin dish with low calorie cooking spray.
- Mix the potatoes, leeks, cabbage and ham together in the dish and spread out in an even layer.
- Mix together the stock, garlic and dried parsley. Pour the stock mixture over the vegetable and ham mixture and tuck the bay leaf in the middle. Season to taste and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Test the potatoes with a knife - they should be just beginning to soften.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes, spooning some of the stock mixture over every now and again until the potatoes are tender. Cool for 15 minutes before serving, delicious with a shredded cucumber salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member