This is such a versatile year-round recipe – you can use greens in place of the cabbage and smoked bacon in place of the ham.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 600g potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 200g green cabbage, finely shredded
- 400g lean ham, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 110g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly spray a 2 litre gratin dish with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Mix together the potatoes, leeks, cabbage and ham in the dish and spread out in an even layer.
- Mix together the stock, garlic and dried parsley and pour over the vegetable and ham mixture. Tuck the bay leaf in the middle. Season to taste and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Test the potatoes with a knife – they should be just beginning to soften.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes, spooning some of the stock mixture over every now and again until the potatoes are tender. Cool for 15 minutes before serving – tastes delicious with a shredded cucumber salad.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.