This is such a versatile year-round recipe – you can use greens in place of the cabbage and smoked bacon in place of the ham.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 600g potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 200g green cabbage, finely shredded
- 400g lean ham, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 110g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly spray a 2 litre gratin dish with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Mix together the potatoes, leeks, cabbage and ham in the dish and spread out in an even layer.
- Mix together the stock, garlic and dried parsley and pour over the vegetable and ham mixture. Tuck the bay leaf in the middle. Season to taste and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Test the potatoes with a knife – they should be just beginning to soften.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes, spooning some of the stock mixture over every now and again until the potatoes are tender. Cool for 15 minutes before serving – tastes delicious with a shredded cucumber salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.