We've given this all-American classic a healthy makeover to save stacks of Syns!
- 4 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, cut into thick strips
- 30g fresh Parmesan, grated
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated, or 1 large cos lettuce, leaves torn into large pieces
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 level tsp mustard powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Season the chicken lightly, and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Grill for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the grill and shred or slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, spray a heavy non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray, add the bacon strips and fry gently over a medium heat. When crisp, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Stir in half the Parmesan and season lightly.
- Place the lettuce leaves and tomatoes in a bowl and toss with half the dressing to coat well. Scatter over the chicken and bacon and finish with the remaining dressing and Parmesan, plus plenty of black pepper.
- Cool, cover and chill until you’re ready to eat. Divide into 4 portions to serve.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.