Forget wraps... this flavour-packed fajita filling is the perfect partner for sweet potatoes!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 peppers (any colours), deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½-1 tsp chilli powder
- 215g can red kidney beans or ½ x 400g carton black beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g cooked skinless and boneless chicken, cut into long thin strips (leftovers work well)
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Scrub and dry the sweet potatoes, put them on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the red onion, peppers and 2 tbsp water and stir-fry for 10 minutes, or until just tender, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato and spices and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the tomatoes are beginning to soften. Stir in the beans and chicken and remove from the heat.
- Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways and, using a teaspoon, scoop out some of the flesh from the centre of each half. Add the scooped flesh to the stir-fry mixture, season to taste and mix lightly. Spoon the mixture back into the sweet potatoes, piling it high, and arrange on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve with salad.