In our version of one of Britain’s favourite takeaways, chunks of tender marinated chicken breast are grilled on skewers for extra flavour.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- 5 tbsp tikka curry powder
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 5 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- Small handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- In a large dish, mix together the lime juice, yogurt and 3 tablespoons of the tikka curry powder. Season lightly, then add the chicken and toss to coat well. Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight if time permits.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, cinnamon, cumin and remaining tikka curry powder and fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée and 250ml water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, thread the chicken pieces onto metal skewers, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and grill for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Remove the chicken from the skewers and stir into the sauce. Take the sauce off the heat, stir in the fromage frais and scatter over the coriander.
- Serve hot with boiled rice and plenty of vegetables or salad.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.