If you love Chinese food, this dish is perfect for you. The rich, tangy sauce goes great with noodles and pork.
- 500g pork loin steak, visible fat removed, cut into strips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 200g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- ¼ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 150ml chicken stock
- 400g dried egg noodles
- 400g fresh pineapple flesh, cut into bite-size pieces
- Place a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Spray the pork with low-calorie cooking spray and season well. When the pan is hot, add the pork and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Re-spray the pan with low-calorie cooking spray and keep over a high heat. Add the onion, pepper, carrots and sugar snap peas and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes. Return the pork to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until piping hot.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix 2 tbsp water with the Chinese five-spice powder, garlic, cornflour, tomato purée, white wine vinegar, soy sauce and stock. Add the mixture to the pan, stir and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Remove the wok or frying pan from the heat and stir in the pineapple. Drain the noodles and divide between 4 warmed bowls. Spoon over the pork mixture and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member