A hearty one-pot dish of meltingly tender root vegetables cooked in a tomato-based stock.
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly sliced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 60g yellow split peas
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 300g small button mushrooms
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Place the onion and celery and half of the stock in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock along with the garlic, turnips, carrots, parsnips and potatoes. Bring back to the boil and add the split peas, tomatoes, mushrooms and rosemary.
- Bring the mixture back to boil once again, reduce the heat, season well and simmer gently 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley, if using, and serve immediately.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.