Give fish pie the wow factor by swapping the mash for a topping of crunchy Slimming World chips!
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1kg floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, peeled and cut into thick chips
- 450ml boiling vegetable or fish stock
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 450g skinless and boneless cod fillet, cut into large chunks
- 450g skinless and boneless salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ unwaxed lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 150g cooked and peeled king or tiger prawns
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and spray a non-stick baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Put the chips in a pan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well, return to the pan and cover. Leave to cool slightly then shake the pan to roughen the chips’ edges a little. Spread the chips out on the baking tray, spray with a little more low-calorie cooking spray and cook at the top of the oven for 25 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock and milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Add the cod and salmon, cover and reduce the heat to very low. Poach for 10-12 minutes then remove the fish with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate (check for any fine bones). Add a little cold water to the cornflour to make a smooth, thick paste and stir into the milk with the spring onions, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. Simmer for a few minutes or until thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and stir in the poached fish and the prawns. Simmer for 3-4 minutes to heat through.
- Transfer the fish to a serving dish, level the surface and cover evenly with the chips. Serve hot with Speed vegetables and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member