Fresh figs, custard, crisp filo pastry and a little drizzle of honey make this dessert so very moreish.
- 1 large sheet filo pastry, approx 45cm x 25cm
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 tbsp low fat custard
- 4 ripe figs
- 4 tsp clear honey
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan/Gas 6. Cut the filo sheet in half and cut each half into four squares so that you have eight 12cm/4½in squares. Spray each square with a little low calorie cooking spray and use a pastry brush to spread it evenly over the squares.
- Spray the insides of four non-stick individual tartlet tins with low calorie cooking spray and use the pastry brush to spread the spray evenly.
- Line each tin with two filo squares stacked at a 90º angle. Bake the filo cups for 8-10 minutes, until crispy and golden. Allow to cool, then remove from the tins.
- To serve, place one tablespoon of the custard in each filo cup. Cut each fig into quarters, place on top of the custard and drizzle with one teaspoon of honey. Lightly dust with the icing sugar and serve immediately.