A firm favourite on any Chinese menu, and ours are just 1 Syn a go!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless duck breast fillets, cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, halved, deseeded and cut into thin matchsticks
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced lengthways
For the hoisin sauce:
- Juice of 1 orange
- 50ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 level tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
For the pancakes:
- 8 large British lion eggs, beaten
- 30g plain flour
- For the hoisin sauce, put all the ingredients in a small pan, place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to very low, whisk and simmer for 3-5 minutes until thick and dark. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the pancakes, place the eggs in a large measuring jug and sift over the flour. Whisk until smooth and add a pinch of salt.
- Spray a 15cm pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. When hot, pour in an eighth of the batter, tilting the pan to spread. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned underneath. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a lined baking sheet, cover with another sheet of baking paper and keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Spray a large pan or wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place
over a high heat. Season the duck and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the hoisin sauce and stir for about 1 minute
until the duck is thickly coated. Transfer to a warmed dish.
- Serve the pancakes (2 per serving), dividing the duck between them
and topping with the cucumber and spring onions. Roll or fold the
pancakes before eating, if you like.
Tip: Give it a twist - If you’re not a fan of duck, this recipe works just as
well with strips of skinless chicken breast or even pork tenderloin
(all visible fat removed).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member