This cheesy pie is perfect comfort food for cold nights.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 340g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 225g onions, chopped
- 225g leeks, thinly sliced
- 198g frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- A handful of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 85ml of vegetable stock
- 160g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°F/Gas 7. Spray a medium-sized, ovenproof dish with low calorie cooking spray.
- Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain return to the pan and mash. Set aside until needed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and stir-fry the onions, leeks and peas over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the mashed potatoes, garlic, parsley, thyme eggs, stock and half the cheese, season and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared ovenproof dish and scatter over the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Tip: Sara Charlton from Alpes Maritime says 'Slimming World’s homity pie recipe is the best homity pie I've ever tasted! The only bad thing was that I had to share my dinner; I could have eaten it all! Well done Slimming World on a brilliant, tasty recipe.'
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member