Video: Pork & sage sausage rolls
Free and flavoursome, our version of sausage 'rolls' swap the high-Syn pastry for chargrilled courgette ribbons.
- 400g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Good pinch of ground allspice
- A few finely chopped sage leaves
- 2 large courgettes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Little gem lettuces, leaves separated, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Put the pork, shallot, garlic, allspice and sage into a large bowl, season lightly and mix well with your hands. Divide into 24 equal pieces and shape each one into a small sausage. Space them apart on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel the courgettes into long ribbons using a swivel peeler.
- Spray a non-stick griddle pan with low-calorie cooking spray and heat until quite hot. Cook the courgette ribbons a few at a time for about 30 seconds each side, or until they get chargrilled marks from the pan. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Roll each sausage tightly in a courgette ribbon while both are still slightly warm.
- Set aside to cool, then transfer to the fridge until ready to eat. Serve with the lettuce leaves.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.