Free and flavoursome, our version of sausage 'rolls' swap the high-Syn pastry for chargrilled courgette ribbons.
- 400g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Good pinch of ground allspice
- A few finely chopped sage leaves
- 2 large courgettes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Little gem lettuces, leaves separated, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Put the pork, shallot, garlic, allspice and sage into a large bowl, season lightly and mix well with your hands. Divide into 24 equal pieces and shape each one into a small sausage. Space them apart on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel the courgettes into long ribbons using a swivel peeler.
- Spray a non-stick griddle pan with low-calorie cooking spray and heat until quite hot. Cook the courgette ribbons a few at a time for about 30 seconds each side, or until they get chargrilled marks from the pan. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Roll each sausage tightly in a courgette ribbon while both are still slightly warm.
- Set aside to cool, then transfer to the fridge until ready to eat. Serve with the lettuce leaves.
Video: Pork & sage sausage rolls
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.