A bowl of crumbly deliciousness that makes the most of seasonal rhubarb.
- 900g rhubarb, cut into 5cm pieces
- 300g pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange, plus 1 tsp finely grated zest
- 6 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the topping:
- 30g low-fat spread (such as Flora light)
- 2 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 60g plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Place the rhubarb in a medium-size pie or glass dish. Add the pear slices, orange juice and zest, and toss together to combine. Sprinkle over the sweetener and cinnamon, and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by placing the low-fat spread, sweetener and flour in a bowl and rubbing together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Remove the fruit from the oven. Sprinkle over the topping and cook for a further 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving - it tastes great with a dollop of low-fat, ready-made custard (1 Syn per 2 level tbsp), served warm or cold.
Tip: This crumble taste scrumptious with apples and mixed berries.
*This recipe is suitable for freezing.
Video: Rhubarb and pear crumble
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member