Video: Rhubarb and pear crumble
A bowl of crumbly deliciousness that makes the most of seasonal rhubarb.
- 900g rhubarb, cut into 5cm pieces
- 300g pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange, plus 1 tsp finely grated zest
- 6 level tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the topping:
- 2 level tbsp low-fat spread
- 2 level tbsp sweetener
- 60g plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Place the rhubarb in a medium-size pie or glass dish. Add the pear slices and orange juice and zest, and toss together to combine. Sprinkle over the sweetener and cinnamon, then cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by placing the low-fat spread, sweetener and flour in a bowl and rubbing together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Remove the fruit from the oven. Evenly sprinkle over the topping and cook for a further 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving – great with a dollop of low-fat, ready-made custard (1 Syn per 2 level tbsp), served warm or cold.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.