A traditional crumble with a blast of zesty citrus zing
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g Bramley apples, halved, cored and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange and 1 tbsp finely grated zest
- 3-4 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 clove
- 350g ripe plums, stoned and quartered
- 4 reduced-fat digestive biscuits
- 1 level tbsp plain porridge oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Lightly spray an ovenproof crumble or pie dish with low calorie cooking spray.
- Put the apples in a pan with the orange juice and zest, sweetener, cinnamon sticks, clove and 1 tbsp water. Bring to the boil, then cover over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the plums and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon sticks and clove and then transfer the fruit mixture to the prepared dish. Put the biscuits in a food processor with the oats, ground cinnamon and ginger and pulse briefly into a coarse crumb mixture.
- Scatter the crumble over the fruit and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Divide into 6 portions and serve with the fromage frais.
Tip: If you're entertaining, you can make individual crumbles by dividing the mixture between 6 small pie dishes or ramekins and reducing the baking time to 12-15 minutes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 25th February and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Free & Easy cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member