Celebrate all things green with this ‘risotto’ for pasta lovers.
- 300g dried orzo pasta
- 250g asparagus, trimmed
- 100g baby spinach
- 100g frozen peas
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 300g fresh or frozen broad beans, podded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50g fresh parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- Cook the orzo according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the tips off the asparagus and set aside. Put the stems in a large pan with the spinach, peas and stock and cook over a high heat for 5-6 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender. Transfer to a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- In a separate pan, boil the asparagus tips and broad beans in lightly salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium heat. Add the spring onions, garlic and half the chillies and stir-fry for 1 minute. Turn the heat to high, add the orzo and the veg purée and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until piping hot.
- Stir in the asparagus tips, beans and half the parmesan and cook
for 1-2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with the remaining chilli and
parmesan and a twist of pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member