This soup is one of the ultimate feel-good foods and is delicious enjoyed for lunch, dinner or supper. Packed full of colour and flavour, this will keep you warm on a winter’s night!
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1.1 litres of vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- Freshly chopped chives to garnish
- Prepare the soup ingredients: peel, deseed and cut the butternut squash into cubes; halve and deseed the peppers, grill until tender, remove the skin and roughly chop the onion.
- Heat a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray, add the butternut squash, grilled peppers and onion and fry until they begin to soften. Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the vegetables are soft and pulpy.
- Transfer to a food processor, season well and blend until smooth. Serve swirled with a spoonful of fromage frais and garnished with freshly chopped chives.
Tip: Butternut squash and peppers don't just taste good; they're rich in disease-preventing antioxidants, such as lycopene and carotenoids.
When cooked this dish can be frozen for up to 1 month.