This hearty dish is easy to prepare and is a tasty all-round family supper. Turn your favourite root vegetables into comforting creations that are low-Syn and full of flavour.
- 700g each of sweet potatoes, celeriac and potatoes
- 6 spring onions
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 200g pot fat free natural yogurt
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped herbs
- 1-2 tsp paprika
- 25g grated Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian alternative)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and celeriac; peel and slice the potatoes. Cook in separate pans of boiling water until just tender, drain.
- Slice the spring onions and add to the sweet potatoes with the ginger and 1 egg. Season and mash. Add the chives to the celeriac with the orange zest, nutmeg and 1 egg. Season and mash.
- Combine the remaining egg with the yogurt, chopped herbs and paprika.
- Spoon the sweet potato into an oven-proof dish, top with the potato slices, then the celeriac. Pour over the yogurt mixture and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is browned. Serve.
Tip: The delicious sweetness of sweet potatoes makes them really versatile, not only in soups and casseroles, but in sweet dishes, pies and puddings.
When cooked this dish can be frozen for up to 1 month.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member