A hearty tomato soup bursting with a medley of beans and vegetables.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1.2 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 400g can mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- ¼ small Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with a little low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 10 minutes to soften, adding a little water if anything starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, thyme and rosemary and cook for 30 seconds before adding the tomatoes, stock and beans or pulses. Bring to the boil over a high heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and chilli powder, if using, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!