A hearty tomato soup bursting with a medley of beans and vegetables.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1.2 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 400g can mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- ¼ small Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with a little low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 10 minutes to soften, adding a little water if anything starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, thyme and rosemary and cook for 30 seconds before adding the tomatoes, stock and beans or pulses. Bring to the boil over a high heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and chilli powder, if using, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member