Every member who joins Slimming World wants to lose weight. Few of us realise just how it could change our lives in many other ways. When Consultants Andrea Ellison and Sara Freemantle started their weight loss journeys, they never dreamed that they would end up with a fantastic new role helping others lose weight.
Sara had started to put on weight in her twenties when she started working in advertising, after getting married and two babies her weight continued to rise. “At the point I joined Slimming World I was a very depressed size 28. Joining group changed my life.”
After losing an amazing 11st, Sara decided it was time to swap her high pressure job in advertising for something more rewarding – becoming a Slimming World Consulant.
“I love being a Consultant it’s so great to help other people do what I’ve done. Slimming World is my life and it’s my job too and I just love it.”
Helping others to shed the misery of excess weight as a Slimming World Consultant is a special role and it requires a special person who cares about the health and happiness of others. Being able to understand the emotional and psychological turmoil of someone who is desperate to lose weight is crucial. Slimming World is keen to employ special people who can offer that unique empathy and appreciate the warm, friendly – and fun – approach of a Slimming World group.
Millions of people are unhappy or in ill health because they don’t know how to lose weight. You all know, because you’ve experienced it, that Slimming World offers the very best help.
With more than 62% of the UK's population overweight and childhood obesity on the rise, we need to reach those people who don't know about us so they can start to feel the way we do.
And of course we need Consultants across the country to build as many Slimming World groups as possible to reach those millions of people. But what else does being a Slimming World Consultant have to offer, and why are we convinced that it’s the best job in the world?
- It offers you the opportunity to be self-employed and run your own business.
- It offers a career that is flexible and fits in with family, work and social life.
- It pays very well. On average, Consultants earn between £100 and £400 for working 10 to 20 flexible hours a week.
- You don’t need any special qualifications. At Slimming World we only ever recruit Consultants from our member base, because you have to know how it feels to have a weight problem – only then can you offer the unique understanding that sets us apart from other slimming organisations.
- It offers you the opportunity to help others feel the way you do as you lose weight without ever feeling hungry and with the help and support of group through IMAGE Therapy.
- Slimming World offers fantastic training and unparalleled support and development opportunities to help others to lose weight and maintain that weight loss.
- Opportunities to progress into management with the UK’s leading weight-loss company – we’re with you all the way
Her role as Consultant gave busy mum Andrea Ellison the flexibility to spend more time with her family. “Being a Consultant changed my life too,” says Andrea. “I’ve gone from working five days a week and hardly ever seeing my kids – I was lucky if I could spend two days with them – to working two days and spending five days a week with them. I’m always talking about my role,” she says.
Andrea is keen to share her excitement about the chance to be a Consultant and always tells her members about Opportunity Events, where they can learn about what the role involves, whenever they come up in her area.
Best of all is the buzz of running a group and being part of Slimming World. It's not like work at all.
All the Consultants in our area work together as a team. If there’s a district meeting we’re all keen to get there because we know that we’ll have fun and get together like a group of friends. We even go out leafleting and postering together.
Running your own Slimming World group is both personally and financially rewarding and can make a real difference – to you, your family and to the lives of people in the local community.
Find out how to apply to become a Slimming World Consultant.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member